I am getting SO sick of running. Is that bad to say?
Well then it's real bad to admit that I've felt this way for a long time.
Sometimes I feel like running has become just like a job, except I have to do it 7 days a week rather than 5. I don't know when it happened, but pretty sure I know why.
I don't race enough to gauge my progress. So I run and run everyday and have no idea how my fitness is going. I have been running SLOW. EVERYDAY. Why? Weather, time of day,tired, bored? Who knows
It is July, I have a marathon (that i haven't registered for) in November and tomorrow I have 20 miles. Why? Because that's what my schedule says. Well maybe I don't want to follow a schedule anymore.
Maybe I don't want to wake at 6am anymore. Maybe I want to sleep till 7am on the weekends instead of 5:30am.
Frustrating. I think I should take a step back. Maybe find some other activities.
This week I only ran Wed, Thurs & Friday--I'm off to a good start.
Now for some food
Started off the week with some fruit + chocolate bars
I used this recipe from No Meat Athlete
- It called for 3 Tbsp of canola oil and I used 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp plain unswt soy yogurt
- My cup of mixed nuts was a collection of some of my faves: pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews- all raw
- Instead of 1/2 cup candied fruit, I used raisins
These were a crazy fun mix of ingredients. The chocolate reminded me of a mall cookie cake, but then the next bite was a date. Crazy stuff.
Very tasty and polished off today.
Dinner before I went out of town was a simple macaroni salad. Haven't had something like this in, uh, well, 10-15 years maybe? WOW. Maybe that's why I could not stop eating this stuff. Another food I polished off this today.
HOT DOG this was tasty!
Adapted from this super fun blog-veganstoner
Kind of looks like a weird combo, but believe me when I say it's worth your 5 minutes.
- Recipe called for 2c cooked pasta, I used 1/2 lb dry
- Used a whole bell pepper rather than half. And maybe 4 pickles.
- Used 1c black beans (cooked from dry beans) instead of 1/2 cup
- Called for 3 spoonfuls of Vegenaise, I used 1 Tbsp Vegenaise and 2 Tbsp plain unswt soy yogurt
Not sure how this worked but it did. Especially as a not so pasta fan.
On the road eats
I was in Asheville for the past few days-best food in the U.S.A
I ate a lot, but here are a few--
sesame kale, whole wheat roll, chickpea salad, sesame tofu
The kale was the star of the show, as usual. Tofu was awesome as well.
Look familiar? Rosetta's Kitchen. I get this salad every time
Avocado rolls from Whole Foods/Greenlife
sprouts, almonds, bell peppers, awesome chile sauce
And when I came home today I of course made dessert
- These called for coconut sugar, I used cane juice
- I used cocoa powder instead of carob
- 1/2cup ww flour + 1/4cup all purpose, twins used gluten free
- I used 1/4tsp cloves instead of 1tsp cardamom
- Baked 20 minutes
So light + fluffy
Came out of the oven soft, but firmed up nicely after a bit.
Soft and chewy
One more please
I have run 24 miles this week. Way below my norm.
So hot I can barely take it.
Feels like there is a heater blowing on you when you head out there.
Hopefully tomorrow won't be a complete bust.
Pray for me.